Root SM-G988B Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Ultra¶
This guide provides a concise walkthrough to root your Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Ultra (SM-G988B) using Magisk. Rooting your device grants you privileged access, allowing you to customize and optimize your smartphone's functionality.
Before you begin, ensure you have the following:
- Correct Firmware: Download the appropriate firmware for your SM-G988B model from the sammobile website.
- ADB: Make sure you have Android Debug Bridge (ADB) installed on your computer.
- Magisk APK: Obtain the Magisk Application (APK) to be installed on your device.
Follow these steps carefully to successfully root your Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Ultra with Magisk.
- Prepare Firmware: Unzip the downloaded firmware and locate the AP file.
- Transfer AP File: Move the AP file to your device's internal storage.
- Patch Firmware: Open the Magisk application on your device and use it to patch the AP file from the /sdcard directory.
- Retrieve Patched File: Once patched, pull the new Magisk-patched file from /sdcard/Download/magisk.*.zip.
- Flashing Process: Flash the following files in order: BL, CP, CSC, and the Magisk-patched file (AP).
- Reboot Device: After flashing, the device will reboot.
Setup Wizard: Complete the device setup wizard after the reboot.
Install Magisk Application: Install the Magisk Application (APK) on your device.
- Reboot Device: Reboot your device again to ensure the changes take effect.
- Open Magisk: Once your device boots up, open the Magisk application.
- Notification Settings: Allow Magisk to send you notifications for updates and other important information.
- Additional Setup: A popup window will appear, requesting additional setup. Press "OK" to proceed.
Optional: Installing Modules¶
If you wish to install additional modules, follow these steps:
- Access Shell: Connect your device to your computer, and using ADB, open a shell:
- Get Superuser Access: Type
suto gain superuser access on the device, and accept the request on your device.